Vision: To be a Spirit-empowered community of one heart and soul that shares the resources that God gifts us. (Acts 4:32-37)
Purpose: The purpose of the Benevolence Fund is to meet the essential needs of the Symphony Church community. The Benevolence Fund is a financial safety net for families or individuals if savings/investments, assistance from family and/or friends, or government programs are not able to meet their needs. It is intended to be a temporary help during a time of crisis.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I ask for help?
- Please first share with a safe person at Symphony, so we can grow into a community that has one heart and all things in common! That person can be a Symphony friend, family group servant, deacon, or pastor.
- Submit a completed Request Form (doc or pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A deacon from the Benevolence Fund Committee will respond to you within a week.
- What requests are approved?
- The Benevolence Fund Committee approves requests based on funds available and criteria for eligible expenses.
- The applicant must be a Symphony Church member, regular attender, or an individual with a meaningful relationship with a Symphony Church member or regular attender.
- See the full criteria in the Symphony Benevolence Fund Policy.
- How much can I request?
- Up to $1,000 per year, including up to $750 for rental assistance.
- How can I give?
- On the Symphony Church giving page, click on “Support Symphony!” and select “Benevolence Fund”.
For questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.